For all the Harley lovers out there, bikes are an emotion. If you, too, are passionate about your Harley, know that proper maintenance is the key to enjoy riding your Harley for many more years to come, running all smooth and shiny like the day you brought it home.
Are you looking for some easy yet significant tips and tricks for your Harley? We’re here to rescue. Following are a few tips you can follow for easy bike maintenance:
1. Change the oil- You would want your engine to run correctly. But sometimes, you forget essential things like changing the oil, which can affect the engine of your Harley. Hence, you should change the oil at regular intervals. To change the oil, start with warming the bike. Then, turn off the engine and remove the drain and oil fill plugs, letting the oil flow into a drain pan. Now, install a fresh oil filter, and refill the oil as suggested in Harley's manual. Make sure to replace the oil fill cap.
2. Switch to a new air filter- The air filter for your Harley is very important as it keeps the waste out of your engine. It gets dirty and clogged over time, and you tend to overlook it, leading to your Harley's poor performance. Hence, you must switch to a new filter regularly. Take out the air filter from the airbox and replace it with a new one.
3. Keep a check on tire pressure and tread- It is essential to maintain tread and tire pressure for a good ride. However, some people don’t know how to check it. Push down the air pressure gauge onto the valve stem to determine the tire’s pressure. Check the wear indicator of the tire to gauge the performance of the tread. You must replace the tire with a new one if the knob is at the equivalent level of rubber that touches the road.
4. Change the coolant- To maintain your Harley for a long time, your coolant must work properly. If not, the engine might overheat, freeze, or get corroded. Hence, you must change your Harley's coolant in a timely manner. To do so, place a drain pan under the engine and remove the radiator cap and the coolant drain bolt. Then, put back the drain bolt, refill the system with coolant and reinstall the radiator cap.
5. Keep a clean chain- The chains used these days require less cleaning than the old-style chains. But, a lot of people don't know when to clean the chains of their Harley. You must clean your chain at the mileage specified in your Harley’s owner manual or when it gets dirty. Remove the dirt from the chain using a bristle brush. Keep rotating the rear wheel and apply the chain lube.
About the business
Follow the above tips and witness your Harley running as smoothly as before. However, if you are planning to gift yourself one, Freedom Road Harley-Davidson is the right place. A top-rated company selling Harley-Davidson bikes and dealing in Harley Davidson motorcycle parts, we provide the best professional service you’re looking for! For more information, contact at (203) 315-4759 or connect through mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.